Thursday, October 7, 2010

My favorite photo from today

It's that time of the year where I get behind with what I was hoping to do.  Between work and coaching soccer I haven't had much extra time, so I have fallen behind on my posting.  The three wildfires we have had in the area in the past three weeks haven't helped either and I need to do a post just on the experience of covering my first wildfires.

In any event, here is a photo from an assignment this morning where I shot work on a small bridge and dam in Grand Lake.  This photo doesn't work for the story we were doing, but I found it to be visually interesting.  These are hoses from pumps that are keeping water out of the work area--about 70 feet of a canal that has been drained so workers can access the small dam.  I was drawn to the scene by the colors reflected in the water.  This would fall into the "color for color's sake" category--a term I was first introduced to by famed photographer Jay Maisel.  Basically the color makes the photo, there is no real subject.


goo, goo g'joob

No comments: