Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pre-Winter X Games

It has been four years since I last covered the Winter X Games and I not ashamed to say that I never care if I cover another one.  There are way too many people jammed into a small venue.  The event is made for television, so still photographers are the last people on organizers minds.  It's not easy to get from one event to another.  The list goes on, but I don't want to sound like a whiner.

This year Wes Selby, a local snowmobiler is participating in the snocross event at Winter X 15.  He was supposed to compete a few years ago, but was injured during training prior to the event and had to withdraw.  Wes has been training outside of Grand Lake along with the leading contender for the gold medal in snocross, Tucker Hibbert from Minnesota.

It was amazing pulling up to their training course and seeing at what level these guys are competing at.  Tucker has a hauler much like a NASCAR driver, room for at least four sleds, extra parts, living quarters, etc.

This is Tucker during training:


Good luck to both of them and all of the athletes in Aspen this weekend.  You won't see me there, but I'm sure I'll be checking out the action on television.

goo, goo g'joob

No comments: