Sunday, January 11, 2009

Recent work

Here a couple of my favorite images from the past week. This first one is from a snowcross race held just south of Granby last weekend. I covered this series last year and had a great time--there was great action and great light. This year the light just didn't cooperate, so I challenged myself to find something, or more accurately SEE something different away from the usual straight-forward action. This was the result:



The other photo is from the miserable day of weather we experienced on Wednesday. I had heard that U.S. 40 over Berthoud Pass had been closed due to adverse weather, so I headed that way to get a photo of the road block. Having got that shot I headed back to Granby. As I got to the west side of Red Dirt Hill I noticed the blowing snow was causing whiteout conditions. I found a safe spot along the edge of the highway and photographed traffic as it passed into the white cloud. This was my favorite:

No comments: