Monday, October 1, 2007

Do I miss shooting pro sports?. . .not really

Now that I'm working for the newspaper I haven't had any time to shoot for US Presswire (the sports photo agency I have covered a variety of pro and college sports for during the past two-plus years), so I've had several people ask me if I miss covering things like the Broncos and Rockies--especially with this evening's play-in game on tap. I think a month ago there were times that I might have missed it, but I definitely don't miss the drives to Denver. And after covering high school sports for the paper during the last month, it's a pleasure dealing with the local schools who actually appreciate me being there and getting such great feedback from parents and other community members. The pure joy high school athletes play with is often a sharp contrast to the egos and attitudes of professional athletes. If there is anything I miss, it's having the opportunity to see photographer friends from Denver, but I'm hoping our paths will cross again soon.

Sure it would have been great to be at the Rockies game on Sunday and to go to the game against the Padres later today, but I will be having a great time applying what I have learned from shooting pro and college sports to the local high school volleyball game I will covering.

No comments: